Friday, February 05, 2010

34 Weeks and still cooking!



I've reached 34 weeks! We are assuming that I'll be induced some where around 37 weeks if everything stays quiet. The babies should be up to about 4 pounds each now, but we'll know for certain at my next sonogram on February 16th. I've had a few days of contractions and find that the only way they'll stop is if I lay on my side. Even sitting is becoming more difficult! Today was the first day that I had to use the electric cart at Target because walking around the store was to be too painful. My pelvic bones are keeping me in pain almost 24/7 and if I stand for more than 5 minutes then I start getting very uncomfortable and my belly contracts. It's so hard to succumb to such limited movement and ability but if it means the babies get a few more weeks to grow then I'm okay with it. We've got just about everything ready for their arrival--Mike has been working hard to get the cribs set up, the dresser put together, and all the other little things that only he can do. I'm pretty sure we've decided on their names, but last week we changed it again. So, we'll probably wait until they arrive before we share the details...just in case we make any more amendments!

Jillian has been a TROOPER and so understanding throughout the last few weeks. She seems to grasp the idea that I need to rest a lot because my belly has grown so big. Thankfully she hasn't said anything negative about the babies hurting me or taking me away from her. We'll see how that goes once they arrive! I love when the babies kick and she gets to feel it...her little face lights up and she says "What are they DOING in there?" I usually tell her they're laughing or they're excited to hear their big sister's voice. She LOVES to hear that! She started her new school recently and transitioned very well after being out of school for 4 weeks. She loves her new teacher and tells us all about her day and what she's learned. I especially like hearing the new songs she has learned. My favorite is the story-time chant: "Hands up; Hands down; Clap twice; Mouth closed." She said there's a special knob on her mouth to keep it closed so she can listen to the story. So funny!

Here are a few photos over the past couple weeks as we get ready for the boys to arrive:




No comments: